|resources:||Home FAQs Mailing List Installation Feedback Source Code Bugs Screenshots|
- Click here to install the latest version of Slashzilla (v0.05). (Make sure you are root or have write privliges in the Mozilla/Firebird directory)
- To make Slashzilla available, you must restart your browser.
- If you are not using Phoenix/Firebird:
(Skip this step if you have already installed Slashzilla before)
Make sure your sidebar is visible and go to this URL:
NOTE: This final step will fail in some instances (if anyone knows why, please tell me). If Slashzilla is not added to your sidebar after completing this step, click here to learn how to manually add Slashzilla to your sidebar.
To install any of the versions below, follow the instructions at the top of this page.
Version 0.05 changelog:
- Added Firebird overlay.
- Modified install.js to work better with Firebird.
Version 0.04 changelog:
- Moved code around to achieve better organization.
- Created more feature-rich preferences engine.
- Invented and included SZCode. (Check the upcoming documentation for details)
- Introduced automatic updating. Slashzilla will update automatically every 30 minutes. (Don't ask to make it more frequent, the minimum is 30 minutes to prevent slamming the Slashdot server)
- You can now customize the article list in two modes, Normal and Advanced. Normal mode allows you to change things like where the icons show up, where the comments show up, etc. Advanced mode uses SZCode and can be customized to show ANYTHING.
- Added refresh button to the bottom of the panel.
- Added status text to the bottom of the panel.
- Created framework for user preferences display. (This does nothing yet)
Version 0.03 changelog:
- Moved SlashdotArticle object code and related functions to a new file.
- Added customize button to the bottom of the sidebar.
- Fixed a bug introduced in v0.02 that prevented article zooming from working.
Version 0.02 changelog:
- Cleaned up SlashdotArticle object.
- Created more advanced rendering engine for the article list, the new engine will (eventually) allow users to redefine how the list is drawn.
- Added XML support, Slashzilla now shows 10 headlines even when you aren't currently at Slashdot.
- Major code cleanup.
Version 0.01 changelog (everything it does since this is the first version):
- Parses Slashdot homepage to gather information about articles.
- Displays article icons, headlines, and "Read more..." links.
- Clicking on headlines will zoom the browser window to that particular article.
- Clicking on "Read more..." will take you to the article.
Version 0.01 annoyances:
- There currently is no scrollbar added when the number of articles exceeds the space available.
- The code governing the displaying of articles is VERY dirty, v0.02 will include a much cleaner rendering engine.